A place for me to share my recent work, random musings on photography and reflect on my thoughts, experiences, ideas and revelations.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Roan Mountain!


Kathy and I spent this past weekend with some of our CNPA-Charlotte buddies at Roan Mountain, which is on the NC-TN border just north of Bakersville, NC. This was my first time at "The Roan" and it definitely won't be our last. What an incredible place!

Our primary objective this weekend was to shoot the incredible display of Catawba Rhododendron that Roan Mountain is famous for. But first, I had to try and capture one of the famous sunrises that I have been seeing for years. We set out at 5 am to hike up to Roan Bald, and arrived just as the color was starting to light up the sky. We were rewarded with this wonderful display as the sun rose over the horizon.

I've got a number of good shots to post over the next few days but thought I would lead with this Roan Mountain Sunrise!

No comments: