A place for me to share my recent work, random musings on photography and reflect on my thoughts, experiences, ideas and revelations.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Long Weekend



Those of us in the financial industry get a long weekend this weekend, and I'm trying to take advantage of it and get some work done. Kathy & I went to a little doings last night at the home of Nanine Hartzenbusch and her husband Bert Fox. Most of my usual Photo Buddies were there, and I met a number of interesting people whose work I have seen but didn't know personally.

Gary O'Brien is a photographer for the Charlotte Observer and does fantastic work with panoramas, for his own portfolio as well as the Observer and for charlotteobserver.com. I'll be interested in following his work to see what I can learn about panorama photography.

Although nothing like Gary's panoramas, today's photo is a measly 14-frame stitch panorama from last November's Chincoteague outing. I've posted it a little wide, and you should be able to see the full-size image by clicking on the photo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom - thank you for your kind comments - we had a blast! and Gary O's work is wonderful to see. enjoy your long weekend!!