A place for me to share my recent work, random musings on photography and reflect on my thoughts, experiences, ideas and revelations.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Glint in the Eye


This past weekend I attended a presentation by noted nature and wildlife photographer Bill Lea. During Bill's presentation he showed a number of excellent wildlife images – bear, deer, fox, wolf and more. At one point he made the statement that a successful animal photograph should always include a “glint” in the animal’s eye. I agree completely, but to take it a step further, I feel that a successful photograph of any kind is one that puts a glint in the photographer’s eye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a glint in the viewer's eye and a warm, fuzzy feeling in the viewer's heart! Loved hearing Bill and Kevin speak in the same venue and look forward to Foto Fest 2011! Hope to see you soon!